The rapid deployment and consistent approach of a VMware based SDDC has some excellent use cases.
The platform is based upon the core VMware products with additional options and SKUs for items such as vROps , vRA and Horizon.
While the solution aims to enable partners and enterprises to deliver a private cloud based upon the VMware VVD approach, the platform from a technical perspective also requires some technical review and up-skilling to fully understand the operational impact, processes and design choices prior to installation or integration.
My mind map highlights my initial thoughts for quick up-skilling, rather than detailed design choices (additional posts coming soon).
The links below give an initial review of the components, processes and features. There is also a VMware Hands On Lab to explore the platform.
- Official Docs
- Official Poster
- VMware – Deep Dive Video
- vBrownbag community Techtalk – VMworld 2017 – by Girish Manmadkar
- VMware – Imaging process prep video
- VMware – Imaging process video
- VMware – Bring Up process video
- VMware – Adding new hosts process video
- VMware – Installing vRA process video
- Hands On Lab – HOL-1844-01-SLN