The VCP 5 exam is a demanding 85 multiple choice questions in 90 minutes.
The exam uses a scaled scoring method (some questions count more than others), a passing grade is 300 out of a maximum of 500
Like similar vendor exams you can go back and forward through the questions until you submit your answers for grading.
The result will be displayed at the end of the exam.
This is a course requirement for this Certification. The official vSphere 5 Install , Config, Manage or Fast Track course must be taken to qualify for the VCP 5 even when the exam has been passed.
Useful tips for the VCP 5 exam.
- Read and study the Exam Blueprint paper – this is a detailed list of the topics, and links to the official documentation which will be examined in the exam.
- Join the VMware community
- Get hands on experience -You can run vSphere 5 in VMware workstation 8 with nested VM’s).
- The exam covers the version 4 – 5 upgrade process and basic troubleshooting – Play with the product, think outside basic config
- Practice exam questions – See the list os recommended resources below.
In addition to the official documentation recommended in the blueprint, please see below for a list of useful resources.
- Great VCP 5 study Notes from Forbes Guthrie
- Tips from a great VMware instructor Scott Vessey
- Official Mock exam from VMware
- Tips from Eric Sloof – Check our his online training for some gems on vSphere 5
- A nice comparison of the VCP 4 and VCP 5 blueprints by vmDK
- VCP Brownbags Video Study Group Series
If you have a link recommendation – please contact me. I will be adding to these regularly