Here is my vSphere 6 troubleshooting course hand out for storage module. This course is aimed at VCP and VCIX type certifications and to help vAdmins develop some processes for troubleshooting.
I have tried to create a mindmap and a thought process whereby the vAdmin reviews,
- Baseline & trend Metrics,
- Capacity Usage – Depends on vendor or design, consider risk, snapshots, swap file etc.
- Disk Latency – If metrics show greater than 20 ms latency review as potential issue.
- Kernel Command Latency – Anything greater than 2ms maybe an issue. This should be as close to 0ms as possible.
- Queue Latency – Anything greater than 1ms latency then review.
Combined with end point information such as;
- WWN or WWPN
- IP Address configuration
- Physical Port reference
anyway, here is the vSphere 6 Troubleshooting Mindmap for Storage